The White Magic washing bag is a step towards reducing microfibre pollution. It works by capturing microfibres off clothes. Simply wash your synthetic clothes in the washbag provided and it helps to reduce fibres by reducing fibre breakage of the clothes and by capturing microfibres in the seams of the bag. Its soft surface results in fewer fiber losses and thus helps your garments last longer.
Microfibres are tiny and barely visible to the naked eye. It is estimated that large cities like Berlin release the equivalent of 500,000 plastic bags worth of microfibres through their washing machines everyday. Synthetic textiles break off during the wash and make their way from washing machines into rivers and oceans. Once in the environment they are consumed by aquatic organisms working their way up the food chain.
It may take quite a few washes to catch microfibres and you're likely to see them in the upper seams first. Pull those out and dispose of them reponsibly in general waste keeping them out of our waterways.
The bag is made of micro filter material. 50cm x 74cm.
Notes on Using This Bag
- Do not put the bag into the tumble dryer
- Do not rinse under running water
- Wash only clothes of similar colours together in the bag
- Put only clothes with synthetic material in the bag
- The clothes need to move in the wash so only fill half way; don't overfill the bag.
- Anything sharp may harm the material of the bag
- Do not iron (the crumpled surface is not a problem)
- Use only liquid detergents
- Do not dry in the sun
- Remove coarse dirt and animal hair before washing